Do you think you might have bed bugs? If you’ve seen flat little red-brown bugs about the size of an apple seed, you might just have an infestation of these blood eaters and need expert exterminators immediately!
Hughes Pest Control of Reston, VA helps eradicate bed bugs and other pests in homes and businesses in Northern Virginia, including the towns of Reston, Herndon, Chantilly, McLean, and Oakton.
If you think you might have bed bugs but you haven’t actually seen any, here are the signs to look for:
- They hide in slim places like mattress seams, baseboards, electrical outlets, and picture frames.
- They are more active at night, so take a look in your sheets or mattresses at that time. Also, check any luggage you’ve taken on a recent trip, or if you use a laundromat, your recent laundry.
- Look for case skins. They shed as they grow.
- They also leave black or brown stains, mounds, or smears where they have defecated.
- Inspect yourself and anyone else living in your home for red welts where they may have been bitten by bed bugs.
- Bed bugs also leave an unpleasant sweet smell in the air.
If you believe you might have an infestation, call Hughes Pest Control immediately. Early discovery and eradication are vital as female bedbugs can lay up to five eggs per day. Also, clean your linens on hot as soon as possible.